Guidelines For Buying Walking Shoes
You don't need fancy gear or equipment to walk. But it would help if you had a good pair of shoes to avoid hurting. The best walking shoes for men are the right ones that will be well worth the time and money you spend picking so you won't get hurt or cause injury. This guide will cover everything you need to know about buying walking shoes.
Let us dive into the foot Basics from the best Indian footwear brand.
Your feet and age change simultaneously. Muscles and ligaments stretch, making your feet wider when you grow older. They also get longer after years of walking on them, and the pads that cushion the bottoms of your feet start to thin out. That is why you should stand and measure your feet each time you shop for walking shoes and look for cushioned shoes that can absorb shock better. Measure the size of both your feet and choose the shoes accordingly.
Your foot type matters. Different types of feet provide comfort in different shoes. Determine what kind of foot you have; normal arch, low arch and high arch. If you want to know about your foot type, the easiest way is to take the "wet test."
Pain's a factor. If you are suffering from back, knee, or heel pain, you might need a more supportive shoe with cushioning under the heel. If you have swollen and enlarged big toe joints or any other pain like arthritis, you should go for a softer, wider shoe.
Think about the environment before buying shoes. For instance, if you live in a stormy climate, you'll want to ensure the shoes you purchase are waterproof. If you live in cold weather that gets a lot of snow, having shoes with good traction also is essential. If you are an experienced walker who can walk for more than an hour, you'll need a protective shoe.
Ten Tips to consider while looking for the best walking shoes for men that fit
- Buy the right shoes, considering how they will feel on your feet. Even after measuring your feet, sizes may vary by style, shoe brand and the country that makes the shoes.
- Choose shoes that fit as possible to the shape of your feet.
- Consider taking the wiggle test. The toe box of the shoes should have enough room to move your toes freely without pressure. But it should not be so loose that your feet slide around in the shoes.
- Before buying the best walking shoes for men, you should allow a 3/8-inch to half-inch space from your longest toe to the tip of your shoes. If you push your index finger between the tip of your longest toe and the end of the shoes, you will get adequate shoe length.
- Make sure the width of your feet fits comfortably in the wide part of the shoes while standing.
- If the pair of shoes feel too tight, don't buy them. With time, your feet may push or stretch shoes to fit, but this can cause foot pain and damage and should be avoided.
- Avoid slipping. Make sure your heels aren't stumbling around in the shoes.
- Test the best walking shoes for men before you buy them from the best Indian footwear brand. Make sure they fit and feel good.
Why do you need walking shoes?
There is a vast difference between walking and running shoes as each functions differently. Walkers look for the heel while runners strike in the midsole for stability. The good cushioning, stability and traction of a shoe upgrade your walk. You should consider three essential factors before purchasing top walking shoes for men.
- Stability - the shoes should have enough balance and help you feel secure throughout the motion.
- Flexibility - the shoes should give a good base and smooth movement.
- Comfort - the walking shoes should have contours and pads to fit the heel and midfoot, with ample room on the forefoot.
Before buying shoes for exercise or walking, it is advisable to examine these four particular areas of walking shoes:
- The heel counter is the material placed at the back of your shoe to support or maintain the balance and tighten the back, which helps shape the calves and heel bone. It will prevent the feet from over-rotation.
- The midsole, the layer between the inner and outer sole of the shoe, is made of various materials that provide the shoe with different degrees of cushioning, support, and flexibility.
- The insole is the part of the shoe located inside the bottom which comes in contact with the shoe. It reduces forces between the foot and the shoe to avoid injuries and jerks.
- The toe box is the area that surrounds the toes on closed-toe shoes. It should be fit to prevent injuries and foot deformities. Toe boxes come in various shapes and construction styles designed for specific functions.
Are Walking Shoes Different from Other Shoes?
No matter how great your shoes are, they won't be good if they don't fit well. To ensure this, find the best shoe company in India that not only offers you the best shoes for walking but also helps you to find a shoe suitable for your foot.
Walking shoes are very different from running shoes as each functions differently. Walkers look for the heel while runners strike in the midsole for stability.
How JQR Sports is the best Indian footwear brand for men
Having the appropriate walking shoes is essential while exercising or walking. Proper footwear and good exercise walking techniques will maximize the benefits of an exercise walking routine. We initially used the professional opinion of the experts of JQR Sports. After penning down the list of more than 30 walking shoes, we narrowed it down based on online reviews, looking for highly-rated and the best Indian footwear brand for men. We choose walking shoes based on the reviews and customer satisfaction. We analyze that our top-rated walking shoes are preferred mostly for comfort, versatility, stability and durability to ensure comfort and avoid injuries.