How To Keep Your Walking Shoes Neat And Tidy?
Are you a walking freak? Do you enjoy walking for weight loss or as part of your daily exercise routine? Then you must understand how to care for and keep your walking shoes neat and tidy. In this article, we will discuss how men can keep their walking shoes neat and tidy and which are the best walking shoes for men that don’t get dirty easily. JQR Sports can be your trusted brand when it comes to walking and running shoes for men. We have a wide variety of running shoes to choose from, and you can choose colours that are resistant to getting dirty.
So, you must be wondering now how you can clean your walking shoes.
After a long day or after walking in the rain or in a muddy area, your shoes may become soiled with mud and dirt. This may give the shoes a worn-out appearance and will also reduce the shoes' longevity. The presence of dirt on the sole of the foot reduces grip and friction. On the other hand, dirt accumulation in the upper part of the shoe may reduce breathability and compromise the waterproofing properties of the shoes. Therefore, you must wipe off any extra dirt from the shoes once they have been used heavily or in muddy areas.
Clean your favourite running shoes, here is a step-by-step guide that you can follow:
- First, remove the laces and any loose dirt or debris that is in the shoes.
- Next, you can gently scrub the shoes with a soft-bristled brush or toothbrush and a mixture of mild soap and warm water.
- Next, rinse the shoes thoroughly with clean water and remove any soap residue.
- Then, stuff the shoes with paper towels or a clean cloth to help them maintain their shape and absorb moisture.
- Lastly, allow the shoes to air dry at room temperature, avoiding direct sunlight or heat sources.
Note: Some materials or fabrics of the shoes may require special care or cleaning methods, so it's always a good idea to consult the care instruction manual that comes with the shoes, or if you have bought them online, then read the same on the website from where you have purchased them.
Benefits of cleaning your running shoes regularly
Cleaning your dirty shoes not only makes them look better but also increases their life span. You must keep your shoes clean just like you clean your clothes and yourself. Anything that is cared for properly lasts a long time. The same is true for the shoes. Cleaning your walking shoes regularly can provide the following benefits:
- Prolong the lifespan of your shoes by removing dirt and debris that can cause wear and tear.
- Maintain the appearance of your shoes, keeping them looking new and fresh.
- Remove unpleasant odours that can accumulate over time, especially if you wear your shoes frequently.
- Improve the grip and traction of the soles, ensuring better performance and safety during walking activities.
- Prevent the build-up of bacteria and fungus that can cause foot infections or other health problems.
Overall, cleaning your walking shoes is a simple and effective way to take care of them and ensure that they provide optimal performance, comfort, and hygiene. It is very well said that "clean your shoes before you walk out because they save your legs from getting dirty”.
When not to clean your running shoes?
It is a clever idea to clean your running shoes on a regular basis to maintain their appearance, prolong their lifespan, and promote good hygiene. However, there may be situations when you should avoid cleaning your running shoes or take exceptional care to do it correctly:
· If your shoes are build-up of delicate materials or have special finishes, you may need to use specific cleaning methods or avoid cleaning them altogether to prevent damage or discoloration.
· If your shoes are soaking wet or waterlogged, it is best to let them air dry completely before attempting to clean them.
· If your shoes are excessively dirty or covered in mud, it is best to remove as much loose dirt and debris as possible before attempting to clean them.
· If you have just finished a particularly challenging run or walk and your shoes are extremely sweaty or wet, it is best to let them dry out before cleaning them to prevent the growth of bacteria or fungus.
Shop walking and running shoes for men on the JQR Sports website.
So, wait no more, and pick your favourite walking shoes from our online sports shoe shop. We have an extensive selection of walking as well as running shoes for kids, women, and men of all ages. We stock numerous options that suit your budget and are also suitable for all your outdoor adventures. We understand what your feet require and provide care for them. Drop off your orders of walking shoes today and get them delivered to you in no time.