Lacing Techniques In Running Shoes Make You A Better Runner
Running is an activity in which you should be comfortable physically to stay motivated to do so. The way you lace your shoe can sometimes cause discomfort to your feet. This article briefs you on the way different lacing techniques can provide you comfort and can help you avoid blisters and toe pain in your feet. You might be thinking that the lacing of the running shoe that you have purchased doesn’t need to be changed. You must wear it the way it has been sent to you in the box. However, this is not true. You can be creative with the lacing style, and this change in lacing style not only gives your shoes a different look, but it also adds to your comfort level.
Lacing your shoes in the right way makes a difference in how you feel them when they are on your feet. By making simple changes in the lacing style, tension can be added and removed easily. These changes can prevent common issues like blisters, toe pain, and heel slippage.
Here is the lacing technique guide for the new runners to follow.
Here are some simple lacing techniques and their benefits. Since athletes have different types of feet, different running shoe lacing techniques suit them. We will have a closer look at all kinds of lacing techniques that fit different running styles.
- Criss-cross lacing: This is the most comfortable style of lacing. In this, the laces go over and under each other, forming a diagonal pattern. This style provides a firm and secure fit for the user. This is suitable for all types of sports and physical activities. It is also common due to the easy adjustments that can be made by simply pulling and pushing the laces wherever required.
- Straight bar lacing: The straight bar lacing style is another way of lacing the shoes. This is used by athletes who have wide feet or high arches. The straight bar lacing technique allows the lace to run straight across the shoes. This helps in the even distribution of pressure on the feet. This lacing technique helps in avoiding the heels from slipping off in the shoes, which is very common in athletes who have narrow feet.
- Over-under Lacing: This type of lacing is a variation of the criss-crossed lacing style discussed above. The only difference is that here the laces go over and under each other in a horizontal pattern. This type of lacing can provide a tight fit in the midfoot area. This is good for athletes and runners who need a bit more support in the midfoot area. This type of lacing is also beneficial for athletes, as it helps prevent the foot from sliding off in the shoes.
- Loop lacing technique: this type of lacing helps athletes who feel more pressure or discomfort around the top of the foot. In this type of lacing, the laces are threaded through the loops of the shoe rather than going straight across. Therefore, it helps alleviate the pressure on the tip of the foot.
- Wide-foot lacing: athletes with wide feet can benefit from this type of lacing technique. This results in a redistribution of pressure across the shoe. This creates more space in the forefoot region. Thus, it gives comfort and prevents the foot from getting cramped. This helps in providing stability and support to the athletes who have wide feet.
- Heel-lock lacing: As the name suggests, this type of lacing helps prevent the heels from slipping out of the shoe. This is the problem that athletes with narrow heels face. To create a heel lock, the laces are threaded through a loop at the top of the shoe and then crossed each other before getting tied. This secures the heel and increases comfort and stability.
- Diagonal lacing: This type of lacing is for athletes who have an asymmetrical foot. In this technique, the laces run diagonally across the feet, thus providing the scope for adjusting the tightness wherever needed. This is useful specifically for people who have one foot narrower than the other one.
To conclude, lacing techniques are a great way for you to manage your running comfortably. Different lacing techniques help you place your shoes on your feet in a better way. This reduces pressure and discomfort in our feet and, hence, keeps you motivated.
We at JQR Sports understand your needs as a runner. We manufacture some of the best-branded running shoes for men, women, and children. Visit our online store and place an order for the best men’s running shoes online today.